23.8.11

Alternative Music Fanatic



I’ve been diggin’ alternative music since my adolescent stage. My brother and I used to slamdance whenever we hear one and I admit that I’ve influenced him a lot. During my teenage years, I used to watch concerts (even battle of the bands) with him. Although he was young, I noticed he was not really into it and I told him u will get used to it together with a vicious grin in my face. By then, I keep on relishing sounds done by Smashing Pumpkins, Nine Inch Nails, The Smiths, Pearl Jam, Rage Against the Machine and Beastie Boys. Even if we almost had a fight, I don't care until I feel so sleepy then that's his hint to turn off the radio. It was so old school though I really like it!


The Smashing Pumpkins image source: http://bit.ly/od4ZBU


Beastie Boys image source: http://bit.ly/ra1xQ8


A week before 23rd of July, this current year, my brother invited me to watch “Rakenrol” at the Cultural Center of the Philippines wherein it’s the second to the last day of “indie” film showing. We’re longing for this flick for about four years (if I’m not mistaken) and finally we’ve watched it. As Quark Henares (rakenrol’s director) took his speech, he mentioned that there’s an after party going on by the bay so me and my bro agreed to spend each time together to be with the event and bang our heads all night long.

It was a great feeling because we share the same interest although we have a huge difference regarding personalities but then we keep on slammin’ the floor as if like nobody else there. I was so happy. I really enjoyed Pedicab’s performance. At first, I really don’t know why they make such noise yet I don’t appreciate their style until I saw them live. It so funkly terrific dude! Kudos Pedicab! Together with Itchy Worms, Taken By Cars, Hapipaks and Pupil I felt the time ticks slowly and feel every second in my vein.

Pedicab image source:http://on.fb.me/mZBsjH




The sad part is we don’t have pictures while headbanging. Oh well, I’ll try my best to post one if there’s any. 

No comments:

Post a Comment