Here are some facts about the International Women’s Day that even my son should know.
- The first Women’s Day was initially celebrated at the 28th of February 1909.
- It was then agreed with an idea to promote political franchise as well as equal rights for women.
- In some countries like Russia, the said date is celebrated during the last Sunday of February each year which fell on March 8th accordingly to gregorian calendar.
- May 8th, 1965 is the date declared by the decree of the USSR Presidium of the Supreme Soviet that is stated as a non-working holiday only in USSR; so as the China in 1922 and the Spanish communists in 1936.
- In western countries, the date dully observed when the United Nations General Assembly states March 8th as the United Nations Day for women’s rights and world peace.
I have this video commemorating the women of local music. Some may know them and some may not but the bottom line is we are all here because we jive the same thing. Am I right?