16.1.12

Original Pilipino Techno Music


Yes, we do have OPM bands who jive into this kind of music. Techno means electronic dance music but I talk about not the mainstream. At first you may think what may they really sound like but worry no more because they’ve been flourishing underground. Think Pedicab. They sound like so alternative to me when I heard them rockin’ the radio waves and even more when they’re performing live. I have list wherein I begin to experience their tunes more and for sure you are about to want them more. Were planning to see some of them this coming February (hopefully, not to get confused with our sched) and experience OPTM more.

Turbo Goth
Sure they do it electronically in rock! Turbo Goth is only occupied by Sonic Experimentalist, Paolo Peralta (on guitars, drum beats, and electronic sampler) and Tattoo Artist/Freelance Illustrator/Model, Sarah Gaugler (on lead vocals). They’ve been in the scene since 2008. Recently, I watched a video from them which they cover “Army of me” by Bjork at Eat Your beets event held at B-side. They’re tunes influenced by Radiohead, Daft Punk, Bjork and Muse will make you guess how they perform in front of you. Watch Paolo as he slam along the stage and feel his passion together with Sarah. Digest it.



Taken by Cars
I can’t even believe that they’re true blooded Filipino when I heard them. You might just go and sing with their compositions and I thank their producers for having courageous spot in their hearts to make them in the spot. Thank you. Taken by Cars composed of Sarah Marco (Vocals), Bryce Zialcita (Guitars), Isa Garcia (Bass/Synths/Vocals), Siopao Chua (Guitars/Synths/Vocals) and Bryan Kong (Drums/Synths/Sampler) beautifully creates sounds with infectiously – dance friendly and crafted as a new brand of indie rock.


Techy Romantics
Now this band got a touch of perfect electronic and melancholy fusion. Sweetness as is, the way I like them more. I remembered a tune from Everything but the girl creation. That was quite some time. Turns back time at a glance. Thanks guys. You make the world turn around with ease. Felt by gasping a breath and literally say “I’m loved and I’m really thankful!”


Drip
Yeah, they do it always in hardcore, almost. I even love to play their first album “Identity Theft” which was released in 2008 and now 2012, the tunes still lingers in my ears. Beng Calma’s voice is such a girl power plus the genius works of Malek Lopez and Ian Magbanua a.k.a. Morse who’s behind the lappy doing beats and programming. Completing the groups groove is the turntablist Caliph8. They’ve been in the scene since 2002. I guess words can’t really express how much gratitude I feel whenever I hear them. Certainly there’s something’s more. How about you? Digs.


Vince Noir Project
Now this is really something new but unfavorably I disagree the fact that this group is disbanded according to my ever reliable source. Allessandra who’s in vocals have a really sexy voice that snags you even me. Well thanks for including color in the world of Pilipino Music. They describe their tunes like one helluva psychedelic/electro/indie rock.


I hope that we continue to endorse our local talents as well as diggin’ underground. If you want to get a life then this is a perfect start or if it’s not then how do you deal with it? Long live the OPTM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment