5.10.11

Acthung Baby Rewind

U2 has been both in mainstream and underground scene in the music industry for more than 20 years. I heard them first when I was at 3rd grade and my Aunties were singing the same old tune “In the name of Love”. U2’s music punked me enough because they made tunes that are fresh in my ears. That was during my younger years and never focused on anything except playing “syato”. Later, U2 was included in the Batman Forever soundtrack titled “Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me”. I was in my high school days and I tried to save some peso to watch this flick. Do you remember the thrills whenever there’s a superhero animation turned into movie? I do but my main concern is the soundtrack. I can’t even believe it when Bono and The Edge have an interview in MTV and admit that the soundtrack included in the Batman Forever Soundtrack was made from scratch. Recycled.

The band consists of Bono for vocals and guitars, The Edge for vocals, guitars and keyboards, Adam Clayton for bass guitar and Larry Mullen, Jr. for the drums and percussions. They’ve released several albums including The Joshua Tree (my favorite), Achtung Baby, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb and several more. No doubt that they are one of the icons in the music industry that still continue to pay tribute in the world beside of being aware with sociopolitical concerns.

Image Source: http://bit.ly/rog9My

Now, U2 is releasing an anniversary edition of Achtung Baby which is originally emancipated 20 years ago. It will be out on 31st of October 2011. Achtung Baby won the Best Rock Performance Category at Grammy’s and became a compelling record of 1990’s. The stuff includes documentary footages, b – sides, videos and remixes. As a dear fan, of course I want to have some of these stuff but sadly it is only for US and UK only……sniff…



Check out http://www.u2.com/news/title/achtung-baby-track-listing-revealed for the U2’s reissued album and list of songs awaits you to be reminisced.

No comments:

Post a Comment